Oct 19, 2007

What do you use for motivation?

Does anyone else out there use pictures or other devices to give continual motivation? If so, what do you do?

I utilize my computer wallpaper, vision boards, and miriads of other things. Currently, I have a picture on my work laptop from the swim start of Steelhead 06. It serves two purposes.

First it keeps me grounded and humbled. The people in this picture are average people who trained hard for the event and fought many demons to get there. Although I do not know them, they are all inspiring me to go for my goals.

Secondly it shows me that health and fitness is only as good as what you put into it.

Now every morning when I fire up my laptop at work I am greeted with those thousands of faces getting ready to accomplish something great. I smile, and realize that I will get through today.

You know what? I WILL get through today. And tomorrow. And the next.

That is the beauty of life. It is really a journey.

})i({ RunnerGirl

Post a Comment