Sep 24, 2007

More Happier-er

Easy enough I guess!
First off I would like to thank all of you for your encouragement. After a good rest, a wedding, and some reviewing symptoms with fellow runners, I am feeling absolutely positive that I have shin-splints. I am also content in my decision to submerge myself into swimming for the next few months until I am ready to get back on those legs for any real distance.
On a good note I guess, I did change 3 things right before the pain started which gives me hope that my legs are adjusting and that I am not down for the count.
  1. I increased my speed.
  2. I added swimming (in and of itself would not relly be a big del, however we re using flipper during a portion of the drills and I am not used to the resistance)
  3. I got new kicks.

There is a great 5K in Ann Arbor (AKA the A-squared) this upcomming weekend. I am contemplating running it, but am afraid to do more harm than good. We will see how this week goes. Maybe I will try a trial mile mid-week to see if there is any improvement.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! It was nice to just 'be' for once.
})i({ Jenniferlyn
Weekend Stats:
Mucho dancing at a wedding on Saturday.
Mucho doing nothing on Sunday.


Post a Comment