Sep 19, 2006

A nice easy 3 miler morning!

Yeah, the distance that I ran this AM is not what the 'I did it!' going thruogh my head is all about. It is the fact that I ran it pre-5:30AM. You hear me right...

The run was pretty easy paced as a) it was dark and b) it was dark. I ran with a flashlight and a blinky-red running light so others could see me. I stayed in my area where the lights are on and plus I live in a gated community, so there is very little non-resident traffic. I also ran sans iPod because of the darkness and I wanted to be able to hear everything.

Mile 1 was fabulous, then I came to an odd spot on the gradual hill. I decided that today since I am running this AM I would allow myself a few walk breaks on the hills. My stomache was hungy, my body barely awake, but I did it none the less. What a great feeling. Ahhh.... I much rather run in the light, but this was a nice refreshing change of scenery for me.

So now I am off to shower eat a shake and hit the road for work and school.

Catch ya all later!
RG

2 comments:

Michele said...

The best part of running early is you get it done and don't have to spend the day worrying about it.
Congrats!

Jodi said...

I hate running in the AM. I do it, but I can never really get a good session in. My body needs time to wake up, I think. Swimming is a different story...

Jodi