Sep 20, 2006

Sweaty Pig... Or At Least That It How I Feel!

Re-cap of tonight's 4.5 miler.

Mile 1 - 12:41 (Mostly Uphill)
Mile 2 - 10:26 (Flat)
Mile 3 - 12:06 (Flat and a slight Hill)
Mile 4 - 11:38 (Mix of flat and down hill)
Mile 4.5 - 13:01 (I was tired from the speed work I did in miles 2 and 3!!)
TOTAL Time - 53:23
Avg. Page - 11:51



At times I was running a 7:03 pace (down hills) and on flats I was running a 9:23 pace - the avg of 10:26, etc are including a few walking breaks. I have really been improving my speed and endurance for running quicker paced miles. It is all over the place, so I am going to have to hone in on a pace and work it for a bit before I go to the next speed.

Well, off to do some homework then hit the sack!
RG

3 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Good job on the hills! They can be tough. I've been avoiding them lately.

Jenniferlyn said...

Thank you Shoreturtle! :) I have been running really hard lately and am right on track for my half per Hal Higdon's half training plan! I actaully feel prepared. Yikes!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Good idea to find your pace and stick to it. If you maintain a steady pace it will help with your endurance. Great job and the new layout looks nice.