Sep 11, 2006

A nice easy 5 miler... turned oh so long!

Yesterday I set out to run my long run of 5 miles. Ok, review time here folks:

Things RunnerGirl has learned in the past
1 Do not push yourself beyond your capability
2 Have a positive attitude
3 Never jump into a distance run cold

Things RunnerGril did yesterday
1 Did NOT push myself beyond ability
2 Kept a positive attitude
3 Jumped into a distance run cold.

Two outta three aint bad! I ran cold 5 miles, and to make up for the walking I ended up doing, I went 6! I took last week off as an adjustment week, but I did not do the 3.5 miles Saturday because
I got caught up in all things office: organizing, filing, cleaning, etc. I did manage to get out for the 5 miler, but I think a combination of lack of fuel and hydration lead to burn out early and I
decided to run/walk the rest.

Note to self, and to you. Even in the coldest of weather, you NEED hydration.

Remember that and your layers and you will be good to go!

Run on y'all!

2 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Well at least we learned something. I went out Sunday and could have used gloves, oh well. Glad to read you're back on track.

Jenniferlyn said...

I am thinking that I am overdressed. I am wearing my tights (not an issue), but also a long sleeve tech shirt... maybe a little too hot!