Mar 7, 2013

myStory

Back in November, 2012 I entered the myStory contest at Lifetime Fitness.

I feel that while I am not extraordinary, and while I am not some super accomplished athlete - I do have a story to tell and one that I want to get out to as many people as possible.  No, it is not the story of accomplishment but rather my story of struggle.

I think that to see things only through the eyes of success, it can be demotivating to someone who is struggling.  I wanted to tell the behind the scenes story of my success... the bottom line reason things had to change. 

As you all know I have gone through many changes in the past year and Lifetime Fitness was a huge catalyst for the change. So, I wrote my story and submitted it and then I promptly forgot all about it!

Fast forward to February 1st, 2013 - the day that  Mike moved to Florida.  He called me from the road saying that he had recevied a phone call from LifeTime about me, and that I was one of 5 winners of the myStory contest and that I needed to call them back right away.

Holy cow!  What perfect timing.  What down right perfect timing. 

I am in a state of flux.  A state of finding my new normal, one where I am living alone while being married to someone 1200 miles away from me, and with that comes the tendency to slip back into old habits and depression.  

This was a sign to keep on track, to stay the course.  This was the ultimate nudge from above telling me that I am doing the right thing and to not lose sight of how far I have come, and how far I have still to go.  This was the light shining on my face telling me to pick up my head and carry on.  The journey goes on...

To read my entry, you can visit the myStory site here and the Lifetime article on the contest and all 5 winners is here.

In addition to having my entry be one of the selected winners, I received from Lifetime a new Motorola MotorActv GPS/Mp3 all around kick butt fitness watch, a myStory tshirt, a month's supply of Lifetime Performance vitamins, a gift card to the LifeSpa, and a very nice myStory backpack that is going to get a lot of use this year!  Accompanying all of this was a beautiful letter from Jeff Zweifel, the Executive VP and COO of Lifetime Fitness.


So here I am today back in a happy place.  I am finding my new normal telecommuting from Florida a bit every month so that I can spend time with my husband.  I am back into my fitness groove and have started a new paradigm of training as well as solidified my plant strong ways and will be focusing the next few months on fueling my body for performance.

In my former life, this is the point in the story where I would have applied the brakes.  I did this I accomplished something, time to get back to my sedentary ways until I get tired with being tired again and have to go through the process all over again.  Only this time I missed the brakes and hit the gas pedal.

Forget slowing down... this girl is on fire and is going to burn her light bright to illuminate the path ahead for all of us who want that better life. 

I am done with the rear view mirror... no more looking back.  From now on it is just you and me baby.  You and me on the journey of a lifetime!

No comments: