Dec 16, 2009

Peace, Love, and Biking... a study in expansion of self

Happy Holidays all!

Well, after a truly difficult 2009, things had to change in 2010. My only New Years Resolution is to work harder towards the things in life that I want. One of the biggest things is health. Not just one of the biggest, possibly THE biggest. And not just fitness and exercise either, but true health all around - physical and mental. Personally, I realized that I have taken the word "health" for granted. I run and am active as you all know, but I do not know that I engage in what I would call a truly healthy lifestyle 365.

A lesson that I learned hard in June (which is a lesson everyone can and should walk away with) is that just like your financial bank account - without making deposits into your health bank account, you may not have enough to cover the big checks.

My journey to a healthier life is participating in more whole-body and soul activities while staying active my entire life. A HUGE part of that is growing a long and healthy life with Mike.

I applied and was accepted to the RACING GREYHOUNDS (in all caps) competitive racing team for triathlon, while Mike applied for and was accepted to the RACING GREYHOUNDS touring road cycling team! While we will have different focuses in our journey, we are part of the same bigger team which is exciting and will keep us both motivated while still branching out on our own.

In 2010 I will be going for a few Half Ironman triathlons, and in 2011 I am contemplating going for the full Ironman distance, work and personal life allowing. :-)

Mike is starting his triathlon and road bike adventure and as such we will be doing some bike tours (MS 150, Susan G. Komen, etc.) as well as some fun local triathlons, and definitely a few road bike races along the way.

In support of this, our new adventure, and obviously loving our awesome new Road bike, Mountain bike, Cyclocross, Touring and Triathlon team members, we are selling tickets to the RACING GREYHOUNDS team fundraiser being held at Woodland Lanes, one of our sponsors.

Each year, The RACING GREYHOUNDS raise funds for their upcomming events. They do this in a fun way, providing hours of bowling and entertainment for a pretty low cost. The details are such:

WHEN: May 28th, 2010
TIME: 8 pm - 2 am
WHERE; Woodland Lanes, 33775 Plymouth Road, Livonia, MI 48150
WHAT: Unlimited bowling, pizza, music, and fun for one low price!
COST: $25 per ticket

I know that this is pretty far out in the future, so if you are interested in tentatively attending, let me know and I will send you the link to order tickets from directly. Mike and I have room at our new house for people to crash afterwards if you plan on driving from outside the Metro-Detroit area. No worries about logistics!


I wish for you and yours a happy and healthy 2010, and many more years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tasaryvyt.virtue.nu/uqihejo.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich