Mar 12, 2008

It is official... no longer am I a 12 minute miler.

The Miles:

Mile 1 - 10:34
Mile 2 - 10:32
Mile 3 - 10:44
Mile 4 - 11:20 (hills)
Mile 4.59 - 6:27 (hills and then flat finish)
Total time - 49:39
Total Miles - 4.59


The Meaning:

Two things that stick out - Sub 11 minute miles for all but the hilly stretch, and that I ran 3 miles in 31:50. This means that if the course at Shamrocks was flat enough I could feasibly complete a sub 33 minute 5K. HOWEVER - I hear that the course is a hilly 4 lap course. So I just want to do well this weekend - no thoughts about pace or place! Plus I found out from Rachel at Running Fit that the course may not be terribly accurate.

This was by far an amazing run for me. I felt strong all the way through it, and I feel that I was pretty consistent - even on that last 1 mile uphill. Effort-wise I was pretty consistent. On the way up the hills I kept in mind what Matt (matt3liv over on BT and one heckova running friend) told me two weekends ago - baby climbing steps. It was a life saver!


I feel good and that I definitely am on a roll this year. It isn't about PRs but about happiness, and I truly have fallen in love with running again!

So here is a question for all of you out there. What was an amazing run/bike/swim/game/whatever for you that really made you realize how much you love what you do?

})i({ Runnergirl

PS - I saw the TNT Group meeting over at RunningFit Novi tonight, and it really had an impact on me. As always. It brought back memories of when I joined TNT to run (and subsequently NOT finish - all due to me and NOT TNT! ) my first marathon. TNT is amazing and I will say this until I turn blue in the face- if you have any inclination to get out and raise money for a great cause and maybe log some miles while doing it - TNT is the place to be! I am strongly thinking of joining back up next cycle... So Ken - what do I have to do to be in your group? :)
Post a Comment