Jan 17, 2007

HRM Madness

As most of you know - I LOVE my Garmin Forerunner 201. It was, hands down, the best running purchase I have ever made.

I realize now that I will benifit from having a Heart Rate Monitor as well. I am not terribly sure if I want to drop $300 on a new Garmin, the Forerunner 305 in particular, or if I would like to
check out other HRMs first to get a feel for them.

I already passed up my Triax running watch for the Garmin and have not once turned back. So why am I afraid of ditching my 201 and upgrading to the 305? The 305 is a better unit for features that
is for sure. I use my 201 every run and definitely got my moneys worth out of it. I feel quite confident that I would get my money out of the 305 as well. But I also want a HRM that tell sme
calories burned, one that I can use while working out inside as well.

So what HRM do you all use, if you use one, and how do you like it?

Post a Comment