Sep 17, 2006

A VERY easy 2.5 recovery run and bandit running

I decided to do a little recovery run today - very easy 2.5 miles around my sub, and through our nature trail.

It is warm today, which shocked me a little. I had to run in spandex and a singlet (scary thought!) I did the 2.5 while listening to Phedippidations (named after the runner of the first "marathon" - in which he keeled over just after his trek) the podcast I talked about in the www.steverunner.com post a few days ago. I subscribed to his podcast via iTunes and now it auto-downloads the most recent podcast - niiice. I foud the podcast a remarkably fresh alternative to running with music. It is like having a commentator or running partner with you. I like it a lot!

Today was productive on the running and blogging sides. I switched my running schedule to one that I know will work with my current schooling and such. If you click here it will take you to my full training calendar for the Freep. I am now at 20 miles per week, which I feel is right on track, and so does Hal Higdon for who my plan is crafted after.

I also added a song to both my training page and this main blog - Melissa Ethridge's I Run For Life. It is pretty powerful and a huge motivating song for me. I do not know how loud it is coming through, so if it is too loud, please reply here and let me know. The controls are at the bottom of the page so you can alter it manually there.

For the second topic of this post, I was wondering something. What do you think of "bandit" running? Which is, running a race without paying for a place (bib #, finisher's prizes,e tc.) and not getting scored for running it.


Hope all had a great weekend! I know there were many good races going on!
RG

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

No to being a bandit. You're actually taking something that you didn't pay for.... Great job on your race, I think training is the reason for your success. Way to go 'Flash'.