Sep 16, 2006

1:10:57 - Yeah that's right! Boo-ya!

So let's recap -
The Crim 5k - 12:12 pace over 3.1 miles. Sweet.
The LaSalle Bank Run Wild for the Detroit Zoo 6k - 11:27 pace over 6.2 miles. Ummm... wow. OK cool.



I am so excited! I ran the first 2 miles in 22:30 even (Mile 1 did not have a marker.) Mile 3 was at 33:45 (remember how the Crim 5k was in 37 something? Where did my energy come from today?), so again even pace. Mile 4 I slowed a little and then mile 5 I held onto that slower pace while tackling the hills. Um, I am a 12 minute per mile runner. For me to have broke the 12:00 pace on 6.2 miles is unbelievable. I am so proud of what I have accomplished today. **beeming with pride and happiness**

I think the secret is eating a load of Mexican food and drinking 1 pint of thick Irish beer followed by 3 waters, and some to-die-for Irish Bread Pudding into the late night, the night prior to the race. That is my story, and I am sticking to it!

I am exhausted, not from running but more from lack of sleep. I got a HORRIBLE night's sleep and I am guessing it was from the beer. It was mixed with a black cherry energy drink called "Bada Bing!". It did not dawn on me until 3AM that drinking an energy drink laden beer was not in my best interest. But it sure did not hurt my time!

What a great time.
Run on y'all...


Oh - PS - My Man ran the 5k at an 11:37 pace, finishing in just over 36:00 minutes. I am so proud of him! This is his first race since the Freep half last year. Way to go my man!!!

No comments: