Aug 18, 2006

Stretch!

It is not technically raining, more just cloudy and very damp right now.

I am doing Namste Yoga for 30 minutes this AM then heading to Ballys for the balance of my strength training and to get in some mileage. My goal is 4 miles today and I prefer to get them in outside rather than on the treadmill or track. Call me lazy, but no running beats road running!

I feel so light and stretched after I do yoga or pilates that I find mysaelf running a little looser which is good for me. I have decided to start doing a quick 6 pose yoga flow prior to going out and running. Let me tell you - it is wonderful! It really gets a good deep strech in and gets to the muscles that when are cold can lead to injury - hammys, quads, etc. Increasing flexibility is a new goal of mine. When I was in high school - yeah 10 years ago now - I was super flexible because I was in guard, and we did a full stretch routine prior to practice. Yoga is going to be my new pre-run routine - So what is yours?


RunnerGirl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, yoga...

pre-run routine? roll out of bed, go to the bathroom, brush teeth, put in contacts, stumble into living room, find clothes set out from night before, get dressed, grab the water bottle, gel and waist pack set out the night before, grab keys, head out the door, remember that I forgot the watch, shrug and keep going to the car. Drive to running location, suck down gel, get out and run.

Stretching comes after, mmm...

TNTcoach Ken said...

I'm similar to Angie, I wake up and try not to think about what I'm about to do.

Jenniferlyn said...

Amen! Thinking just ruins it!