Nov 15, 2013

Finding the way.

To summarize quickly how October ended up for me:  well, it is official.  I am now a 5am waker-uper!   I like morning workouts as I can get them out of the way and have the night to spend hanging with Moosie and Otie.

In addition to that I have cut out sugars and went completely, no excuses plant based the Engine 2 way.  Real whole foods. No fakey sugars, no oils. Heart healthy.  Doing such, I have lost over 10 lbs already and am feeling amazing! 

I am currently in South Florida visiting my husband and my in-laws as well as raced in the MiamiMan Half Iron triathlon - which was one of my bucketlist of races.  Two down, many more to go!

My time in Florida this trip, much as most of my time in Florida, has been spent really looking internally at my life and the choices Mike and I are making.  He is making some major headway at his work here in Miami, and I am doing very well with my job in Michigan.  While we will have a long and winding road ahead of us to make these two lifes one again, in the meantime I realized that it is time to make my dreams a reality.

I have always wanted to help people and over the course of this past year I realize that I can do that in the capacity of a mentor of sorts.  I am working on my ACE Personal Training certification, as well as am starting to coach friends in triathlon in order to apply for and sit for my USAT Level 1 coaching certification.  My hobby of fitness and sports has taken a turn for me and I feel more passionate about this all as a lifestyle than ever before. 

While I love my day job, I want to expland the horizons on my knowledge in health and fitness, and who knows where that will lead me one day.  I know that I am on the right path... my gut is telling me so.

No comments: