May 21, 2008

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh... I just threw up in my mouth a bit...

Oh my goodness.. they are back. No seriously - I am NOT excited about this but rather a little sad. I mean - isn't it a little sad?

Am I the only person who never liked NKOTB? Because seriously - THIS is the best Boston has to offer?

*gag*

On un-NKOTB related news - tonight I got in a ride on Sweet T to make up for the missed brick last night. I wanted to do 18 miles, but due to rain and darkness I decided on a speedy 10+ at Maybury.

Maybury is home of trails and bike paths and just a wonderful state park to go into to get in a hike, jog, or ride.

It is very gently rolling (really no hills to speak of on the paved trails for road bikes) and can get fast. Somehow I managed to eek out sub 15 mph speed overall - which totally sucks as I was getting in the mid 20's on the flats - but those little tiny uphills had me going at a 6-7mph - I so need hill work.

Major hill work.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance. (Rap:) Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance. Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long. (Rap:) We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be hangin' tough

I am in a quandry. Maybe. This weekend I have the option of driving an hour to Lansing to get in a mock triahtlon with a bunch of people that are racing in one week the exact course we will be doing the dry run on. However - my Tri club may be doing a spontaneous OWS this weekend local to me, and the course the others are doing their dry run on is not the same course my tri will be on in two weeks.

So I guess that it is not a quandry - I need an OWS and do not want to drive all the way to Lansing to get one in (an hour away!). In addition, I can make the the local OWS a brick workout as well.

OK that was settled quickly. Man I love thinking things through on my blog in real time. :) I just like to keep it real, yo.

Everybody's always talkin' 'bout who's on top. (Rap:) Don't cross our path 'cause you're gonna get stomped. We ain't gonna give anybody any slack. (Rap:) And if you try to keep us down we're gonna come right back, and you know we're Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough. (Rap:) Are you tough enough? [these lyrics are found on http://www.songlyrics.com] Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough. (Rap:) We're rough. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

OK well I am pooped. Tomorrow is a 1 mile TT + 1 mile running workout, and 800 yards of swimming TT.

Have a good night - and remember to keep HANGING TOUGH! *gag*

})i({Runnergirl

2 comments:

chia said...

OH no you didn't :-P

Run For Life said...

Man alive! I couldn't get through more than 5 seconds of that...I kept fast forwarding to see if it got any better but...yikes. :|