Jul 1, 2007

Another lesson learned out on the run.

I completed my 7 miles today at Kennsington Metropark. I started around 1:30PM or so. It took a long 1.5 hours to do, but I am done!

Man so many hills! But I am taking it slow to just keep contant pace going. I feel good, and at the end I was all glowy with sweat and the nice sheen of salt. HAWTNESS.

I actually feel beautiful after a nice run.

During today's run I listened to the Get Your Geek On podcast from early 2006 for newbies. It really made me feel good. This podcast made me feel like it was produced just for me. It answered a lot of the questions that have been swimming around in my head lately. It is SO easy to get caught up in the competition and the gear and the technology available out there. But my philosophy for the 2008 Tri season - KISS. Keep it simple... sheesh. ;) I don't like negative talk like "stupid" in my philosophies. ;)

So that is what I am doing. Heck if I have to breast stroke my way to the finish of the swim - I will do it. I need to get out of the mindset about the biggest and the best, and realize (like I have) that this is about activity and heaalthy lifestyle choices... this is not about a medal or label. This is all about the journey.

This is a short one today - I have a lot to do before Mike gets home from work. I hope that you all have had wonderful weekend so far! I really enjoyed mine!

I will leave you all with the lesson that I am learning through this new adventure of mine. Those slow seven miles were wonderful to me. I am not the biggest, baddest, quickest, or best...est out there. I am however the best me there is. And I am actually quite happy with that.

~})i({~

Keep on running!

4 comments:

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Hey, there.  First time I've had a chance to read your blog in a while (I'm way behind with everyone!) and I'm impressed with your progress.  You have an aggressive race schedule, and I don't think I know anyone training as well for the half marathon distance.  Way to go!

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Chicago more than once.  I unfortunately have a wedding on the same day as the CDC, but maybe I can see you with Denise beforehand.   The Chicago Half is a different story (I'll be in that one) and I look forward to seeing you there.

-Josh

Unknown said...

Weedhopper, you are learning well! The fact that you realize this is a journey speaks volumes. Remember, the way to eat a elephant is one bite at a time. This weather has been perfect for running/riding.

TNT Coach Ken

MNFirefly said...

Great job, Jenn!

David H. said...

came across your blog via someone else's blog. I'll add you to my blogs I read list. Look forward to reading more about what you're doing.