May 26, 2007

2.28 miles yesterday - 3 today!

Time for an update - and an appology!


I am so sorry Josh that I forgot to mention and congratulate you for running the Indy Mini! You did great, and I am proud of you! :)


So an update on the past few nights.


Hey, guess what? I AM BACK BABY!


Last night when I got home from work (which has become a source of major frustration for me by the way) I did a reasonable 2.28 miles. I am pretty happy because all of a sudden - I am running straight through. Not even a thought of walking. And when I finish - I finish strong and with many more miles in me.


This is a great feeling! Especially since I live on some pretty steep hills. I call my regular runs hill work - hidden hill training!


Today after the torrential downpours I went out for the same run - I was hoping for 2.28 miles, but I did something pretty cool for me. I turned down another street and completed 3.0 miles on the dot. Again, I finished strong and with reserved energy.


I am just getting my body used to running straight through again. I nixed the idea for now about run-walking the half. I will probably use this technique for the full 26.2 I am going to be doing in February 2008. I have never really been comfortable in the marathon, mainly due to my lack of training, and partly due to fear. This time I am preparing myself for the return of 26.2, and will be doing it whichever results in me completing it strong and with a smile on my face. ;)


Tomorrow is my 5-miler in Kennsington. I am pretty excited as this will be my longest run since the half-marathon in January. *Laughs* Umm... yeah.


So there you have it. I am now 2 weeks out from starting my official training, and have been able to get in some good base miles! I am so excited for 6/11 when I lace up for my official 3 miler.



This weekend marks Mike and I's 2 year anniversary. We celebrated last night by Mike suprising me and taking me to the place of our first date - Cafe Sushi in Troy, MI. :) We then went to Mixx Lounge for a nightcap. Awwww... I love that man. *blushes*


This weekend is the Detroit Electronic Music Festival (otherwise known as Movement), so Mike and I are heading down the Detroit tonight, and then again during Monday afternoon.


That is about it for now. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend - being safe out there, and enjoying nature!


Happy Memorial weekend everyone!


})i({RG

No comments: