Feb 28, 2007

Podfitness... the personal training I have been looking for.

After joining traineo last month, I also joined one of the groups on that site - podfitness.

let me tell you. If you have iTunes 7 and an mp3 player... it is SO worth the nominal monthly fee for a personal trainer that uses YOUR music from iTunes.

Step 1- go to www.podfitness.com
Step 2 - register, you get 0 days free to try out the service
Step 3 - select a trainer and a workout goal (cardio, strength, mix, etc.) and preferred method of exercising.
Step 4 - Go to teh dashboard and download the Podcast addin for iTunes. (You must have iTunes 7 or so, so if you are missing this, make sure you download it before trying to use the podfitness software).
Step 5 - mix in your playlist with the workout from podfitness and download it into iTunes.
Step 6 - hit the road and see what is in store for you!

I love this because you get a personalized workout (on the dashboard you specify music tracks to be mixed, intensity or workout, trainer, assistant trainer, gym/home workout, etc.) and it plays over the music you selected, but not overly loud. The music dims enough to hear the trainer, then goes back to typical volume. The trainer tells you for the workout, how fast to set the treadmill (or how fast to peddle the bike, or how many reps of the set to do, etc.) and then tells you (while counting down minutes) how long you will do that one for before switching up incline, speed, or some other factor.

I have to say that I have had a personal trainer at my gym for a while, and this is actually the motivation level I need for a cardio workout, 6 days a week. It switches up for me, and the music is all mine. I love this!!

Some of the workouts incluided:

Yoga
Running
Stretching
Weights
Body sculpting
Stairs
Cardio
Pilates
Elliptical
Strength training, etc. etc.

The list really does go on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great comments! My husband is a podfitness trainer and we are part of the traineo group... if you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to him.

Regards,

Tanya Ryno

http://liftnews.squarespace.com

MNFirefly said...

Jen, where's your Traineo page? I can add myself as a motivator.