Dec 18, 2006

Wha-wha-what?!?!?! 26 days?!?! REALLY????

Oh crap.

I just saw the coundown... 26 days until I run in the RNR A Half. *gulp* I really need to get my tush in gesr... *sigh* Oh how did I let myself do this?

OK - well the facts are that I can run a good 8 miles no fret... so I just need to push out those last 5.1 in the next month. I can do that. Right????

Oy.

OK - Seriously though, I know I can do it - just maybe the 2:40 goal is a bit lofty. To my benifit - I was injured post Freep and had to take a good month off from running - but I did keep up with cardio doing about an hour every night on the bikes or elipticals. I do not think that my cardio strength will be an issue.

I do think that this marks 25 days of crazy boot-campo style training - of course with breaks and the taper prior to the race. I needs me some fresh legs, right???

Of course - I am the girl who wakes up and decides - "oh yeah - the CRIM is today. Cool. I can do 10 miles." And then runs out and does it. One of these days I will wise up I promise. Apparently not this year.

There is always hope for 2007...........

Errr.... yeah... don't hold yer breath.

Anyhow - here are some pics from this past week of celebrating Mike's 35th birthday -

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! One more big run....and TAPER TIME. WHOOOOHOOOO!