Oct 15, 2006

Yeah, ummm... 13 days and a stomach flu that just would not end.

So I have been sick since Thursday with a mild case of the stomach flu. Mild because I have had worse! I am feeling better today, however this means that I missed my 9-miler for this weekend.

I feel OK about it, even though there are only 13 days until the half. I guess I feel OK because I am mentally prepared, and have the miles behind - and ahead - of me. Tomorrow is a nice 6-miler (given that it does not get terribly dark) and another 6 on Wednesday. Saturday next week is my last LSD - 10 miles.

The proof is in the pudding, and if something happens that I do not make my goalof a 2:40, then I am Ok with it. We need goals, right? I have another half scheduled in January so if I miss 2:40 at the Freep - I WILL attain it at the PF Chang's RNR half on 1/14/07. Darn it I will.

It looks like I will be running the Freep solo - which is how I have been planning it, but a friend of mine was running the half as well and she hurt her achillies tendons (yeah, both) on the Hidden Oak trail run 8.5 miler a few weekends ago. She was my pacer!

Well, off to relax before beddy-bye.

Have a wonderful Monday, and I will post how the run goes afterwards.

RunnerGirl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and were able to get in your 6 mile run.
Goals are good, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

MNFirefly said...

I hope you feel better. You have some excellent goal that you have set. You will do well.