Oct 5, 2006

A nice easy and actually fun *shock* 5 miler.

Last night I ran a nice easy, and yes even fun, 5 miler. I ended up running with the running pal that I started out running with back in 2003.

The run was really a confidence booster for me. All the hills we encountered I felt like charging up and I did when we were not on a scheduled walk break. I really like the run/walk method. I
think, however, that my body was not used to it, and my hip flexor is now giving me some pain.

Booo hip flexor issues, horraayyy no pain!

The fun part was that we could catch up on the happenings of the past year. It is nice having a running partner who can not only run WITH you, but one that you have history with so you can laugh for
no reason and the other has a pretty good idea why.

The talking really made the 5 fly bye. I know I could have completed the half with no issues right then and there.
I would have loved to go on for another 5 but time and weather really did not permit.

All in all it was a good run.
Runnergirl

3 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Isn't it great to have a great run? Now you need to line up a group of old friends to run parts of the half with you. Great job!

Michele said...

If it weren't for Lana there are many a runs I would have just quit on. Love the running buddy!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome run, girlie! I agree with about the hip flexor stuff.