Oct 26, 2006

A nice and easy 4 miler to end the taper.

Last night I ran a nice and easy 4 miler with Jeremy out at Kensington.

I have to say it again, I love running in the fall. It is especially nice running out at Kensington. The crisp air, the no-brainer mileage (every mile is marked so all you need to do is subtract and you can run any distance starting from any point) and laughing throughout the run all make for a good time.

There is a lot of give and take when you run with someone, but I really do like it. I do not mind slowing down or speeding up based on another persons needs. They way I look at it, it challeneges me to be a better runner, as well as to let go of my competitive side and enjoy the run for what it is.

So my last 4 miles has been completed. Next up is the Freep on Sunday. OK, this is good. I am ready. We can do this.

I am looking forward to posting my race report. Hope you are looking forward to reading it!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Good luck with your half mary on Saturday! Enjoy yourself and know you have done your best.

Justin said...

Hey I just caught the episode of Phedippidations with your blog in it (you can say I'm a little behind...) and I wanted to wish you good luck this weekend. I'm doing the full marathon for my first one ever, so maybe I'll see you out there!

brent d. said...

GOOD LUCK!!! YOU ARE GOING TO DO AWESOME AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ ALL ABOUT IT!

MNFirefly said...

Good luck on Sunday. You will do awesome!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Have a great time, I'll be on the course with you also. You're going to do great!!