Oct 10, 2006

Darn the Garmin - or my lack of knowledge in using it.

So out on my run last night I realized that the reason my 8 mile run was counted (per my Garmin) at only 6.91 (I uploaded the runs this morning and saw it was 6.91, not 6.71 as I somehow thought) may
have been the fact that my Garmin is set up to do intervals, and is only giving me my active or running distance, not the rest or walking distances.

I realized this because as I was approaching the 2.5 mile point in my run last night, I noticed that my Garmin was reading an incorrect number again. I flipped the screen to show different data, and
the mileage corrected. Ahhh total distance. The distances I have been seeing were just the run portions.

So now that I look over the TC data I exported from my Garmin, sure enough. It shows 8 miles total for Saturday, but only gives info for the run portion. Same for last night's run.

Mystery solved. But does anyone know how to get it to data dump the entire info, not just the run portions?

Keep on running!
RunnerGirl

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sounds like you need to change the interval settings. You can always set everything back to the default??? Isn't technology wonderful?