Jun 26, 2014

USAT Long Course National Championship Race

On June 8th I participated in the USAT Long Course National Championship race at the Grand Rapids Triathlon.

I almost did not even do the race due to life and motivation issues leading up to the final month of training - but I am glad that I did.  Mentally I executed a strong race even with the bike issues that I had.

I ended up 1st in my division (Athena 39&Under) which makes me the 2014 USAT National Champion for that division.  I also placed high enough in my AG (F35-39) that I am on the roll down list (fist position!) to be on Team USA for the 2015 Long Course World Championships being held in Motala Sweden June 25-27th.





Some days it does pay to show up and execute the race you need to in light of any issues that arise.  This goes to show that it is not always about what happens to you - rather it is about HOW you react.


No comments: