Feb 28, 2011

Week (-1) in the books.

I was thinking about calling last week 'Week # (-1)' because I feel like it was pretty stagnant. However the more I think of it, the more I am against it.

It was what it was. It is what it is. It shall be what it shall be.

Last week I ordered INSANITY and it arrived Friday. Today is day 1 for me and when I get home from work I will be popping in the DVD and doing the fit test. I scratched P90X for now, as I get a lot of the strength workouts through CrossFit, etc, I want more options for cardio and the theory behind INSANITY is that you do max interval training. Plus it is all cardio that you can do in a hotel room, absolutely now equipment needed, so I am going to put it on my iPod for when I go to Germany.

I weighed myself and took measurements, but it all stayed the same except that I gained 2#. I know why and I know how to fix it. I was too inactive the last half of the week. This just goes to show how important it will be for me to commit to morning or lunchtime workouts.

So, what did the week look like in numbers?

Weight: +2#
Nutrition: 4 out of 10
Exercise: 4 out of 10
Measurements: Zero delta
1 hour biking
2 hours swimming
2 hours volunteering at a race
4 hours cleaning basement and laying flooring

I see room for improvement, but with me not training for anything I am having a hard time getting up early on weekends to go workout. Because of this I see that I will have to enact training once again. This time I will be training for a goal, not necessarily for a particular race. My goal is a sub 30 5K. I will have to review races and see which will be my goal race. In the next few months I will switch over to triathlon training with my goal races being Motor City Sprint and T-Rex triathlons.

While I was pretty bad at the nutritional aspect this week, I did get a bike fit, volunteered at a race, went to Autorama and walked around for a few hours, worked very hard in the basement, studied, work a full time job all while being a full time student this week.

Goals for Week #2:

  • Get nutrition to an 8 out of 10 and exercise to a 9 out of 10.
  • Continue on tracking my food,
  • INSANITY the prescribed 6 days,
  • Swim 3 times outside of the forthcoming swim meet
  • Swim meet this Sunday
  • Run 3 days
  • Bike at least 2 times - once in spin and 1 time on the trainer as a Zone 2 ride.

No comments: