Jun 4, 2007

Progress and a hydration question

I am finally feeling and seeing progress! I am seeing the body that is starting to take shape, and loosing the weight again after a quick gain.

My goal is now 20lbs in 10 weeks. I think that it is doable and safe - heck in 6 weeks or so I lost 17. After I hit that goal, which happens to fall on the Chicago Distance Classic and my Birthday, I will set another 20lb goal, and keep doing this until I feel satisfied. I think looking at my weight loss in mini-goals is easier than seeing the" 52lbs to go" badge on Traineo! 20 seems to be more attainable than 52. Motivation!


On the training front, I am able to get in my distance runs without issue. I am feeling stronger out there. Not so much quicker, although I do hit patches when I feel my speed increase and it feel good. I am trying to push a little harder in intervals while I run.


I decided to go ahead and start training this week instead of next. I will do the first week of training twice. I am getting antsy!! Very very antsy!

So far my training schedule for the next two weeks will be the following:

MONDAY - Legs and Shoulders
TUESDAY - Back and Bis, Run 3.5 miles
WEDNESDAY - Chest and tris, Run 2miles
THURSDAY - Legs and Shoulders , Run 3.5 miles
FRIDAY - Back and Bis
SATURDAY - Cross-train (Bike, row, or elliptical for 30 minutes)
SUNDAY - Run 5 miles


Well I hope all is well for you all! I am finally able to be more active in the blog - things have been hectic! Travelling for work, and general busy work at home as well.

Oh - I also picked up some Accelerade for my runs. I tried some last night - the fruit punch flavor - and it really did taste good. I like the consistancy of it, so I think that I will have no problems uing it during the run. I will start to use it during my workouts as well. We will see how it goes!

If anyone has any hydration/fuel suggestions, please let me know! I have heard about nuun as well, but do not know if I would like that - no carbs. Which could be a good thing given the number of gels I consume in my longer run... I don't know. I have always been a little confused on this subject so any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I downloaded the podcast on Phedippidations about this topic last night so I will give that a listen as well.

Keep on moving!
})i({ RG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -thanks for all the comments! It's seriously SO nice to see how many are into this type of stuff! So you did the Cto5K program? How did the whole thing go for u?

Thanks again for reading my blog!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I forgot to tell you that I admire your workout schedule -every day!!